Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Portraits of a black hole

This is me, looking calm
even as a baby
This is me and my best friend
...the people we used to be
This is me and my almost twin
I swear I didn't smear her picture

This is my eldest brother
looking great even when carrying his toddler
holding hands with his wife

This is me and my volleyball team
...the triumphant history

This is my youngest brother
An adorable baby
Too fast have he grown

This is me and my boyfriend
...the day we broke up

This is my first sister
She is engaged

This is my youngest sister
...and her man on her right

This is me and my family
Half of them
The other half have grown
out of the house
This was when Mama and Papa
were wrinkle-free
I was blessed with youth and acne,
Rin was yet to marry,
And Ui was a smart kid

This is my late great grandma
Uncle Gigi cried day and night
when she left
I learned then,
people will always part and cry

Today, I'm putting on
a heavy make-up
Rejoice, rejoice, rejoice.

No comments: