Saturday, November 12, 2005

The dead were fortunate

They screamed in fright
They ran with force
They swam against death
They stayed afloat...
Blood-less like so many others

Babies cry
Mothers weep
Fathers lie motionless
Ashore...

Relatives and friends
Away...away...away
Swept by the tide
Buried in the floor of oceans

The living lives on
but nothing more like zombies
Dead soul, shattered heart
Eyes open wide

The cries continue still
But no more tears
Except only out of fears
No food, no shelter
No nothing...

Old folks sang through the night:
the dead were fortunate
no burden to carry on
indeed they were fortunate.

1 comment:

InaOK said...

Mengacau aje Si Anon ni ye.....
I'm not good at english poems but I do read them, just not as often as the Malay ones.
The dead were fortunate ...spooky yet interesting ...
Hem ... gives me an idea ...
I think I'll go spook sumone tonite.... HeHeHe